Creating a Basic BIV of Unreal Level
After taking inspiration from my initial moodboard, I decided to create a basic template for how I would like my Unreal Level to look in layout and design.
I decided to use several images from the moodboard as inspiration and merged the themes of each level together to create this birds eye view level design. I aspire to create a rural wild west themed level. I portrayed this by including a railway track as the main central piece of the map. There will be four different building structures around the map. The first being a house on either side, secondly a small hut that could appear as a workshop or outhouse (to be determined) and then a gas station of which on half is accessible as its on the outskirts of the map. There will be various types of cover around the map such as sandbags and cars etc. this will give the players an opportunity to play tactically just like in the Call of Duty games. The borders of the map will be trees and foliage as this can provide as cover and also include more aesthetic elements to the overall scene rather than just man made structures. I have tried to include a relatively symmetrical ideology to the map as this is essential to having a fair game play as you do not want one opponent to have an unfair advantage. This principle is prevalent in nearly all Call of Duty maps.

Comments
Post a Comment