Reference Images for Level Design
I have decided to collect a series of reference images to include in my research as this will strengthen my perception on how I want my own map to look. Each of the images i have chosen contain specific colours or assets that I believe would fit perfectly into my scene.
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Fringe
I have chosen this image because of the colours used, alongside the barn that can be seen in the back of the image. This barn has a very 'wild west' appearance which is the exact style I hope to connote in my own level.
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/File:Overgrown_MWR.png
I chose this image because of the foliage and the pathway visible in the screenshot. The colours are very appealing to the eye and the area has an almost derelict look to it which is exactly how I want my level to appear.
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Outlaw
I chose this image because it holds similar themes to the first image I discussed. The colours are really nice and I might try to create a similar sky and atmosphere that this image withholds.
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Shipment
I have chosen this image because I really like the overgrown grass and think a similar type of foliage would fit into my scene well. Alongside this I also think a broken car similar to the one displayed in the image would fit into my level well because of the derelict and abandoned atmosphere it portrays.




Comments
Post a Comment